E-mail Settings for Comcast:
POP3 (Incoming Mail) Server: mail.comcast.net
SMTP (Outgoing Mail) Server: smtp.comcast.net
Your E-Mail address: e-mail XXXX@XXXXX.COM
Port settings when on the Network: POP port 110 and SMTP port 25
Configure Outlook Express for the first time:
1. Open Outlook Express by clicking on the icon located on your desktop or
click the envelope icon wrapped with a blue arrow located on your toolbar
next to the Start button. If this is your first time launching Outlook
Express, the Internet Connection Wizard will open to guide you through
configuration. If you do not see this window, please proceed to
Reconfiguration of Outlook Express.
2. In the Internet Connection Wizard, type your name in the Display name
field as you would like it to appear when you send e-mail and then click
3. Enter your e-mail address in the field provided in the format:e-mail
4. Click next
5. In the Incoming Mail (POP3, IMAP or HTTP) server field
6. In the Outgoing Mail (SMTP) field enter:smtp.comcast.net
7. Click next
8. Enter your username in the POP Account Name Field and your password in
the password field (If you do not wish to supply your password each time you
check for incoming mail, verify that the Remember Password box is checked)
9. Click next and then select finish.
If you have any problems sending, click Tools/Accounts - Mail tab and double
click the Comcast mail account, then click the Server tab and you will see a
section for "Outgoing Mail Server" and put a check in the box "My Server
requires authentication" and then click the Settings button and make sure to
use the username and password assigned to you by Comcast.
You will now receive any e-mail currently on the server.
Jim Pickering, MVP, Outlook Express
Please deliver feedback to the newsgroup, so that others can be helped.