I have been spending an enormous amount of time searching for an efficient
and user-friendly program for burning recorded TV (e.g. favorite TV series
and some old movies rarely seen) to DVD. The features that such software
should possess are as follows:
1. Compatibility with DVR-MS files ( format used by Media Center to store
video files) or the ability to convert these files to a form they can
manipulate with ease (e.g., MPEG-2).
2. The ability to be simply programmed or to automatically remove
commercials from recorded video.
3. The ability to compress files so as to enable long movies to be burned
onto a 4.7 GB disc at a reasonably high resolution.
4. The ability to burn video files onto double layer DVDs.
5. The production of DVDs that can be played on ordinary household DVD
players as well as PCs.
If anyone knows of any software programs that meet all (or at least 4 of
these criteria) I would be most grateful to learn which one to buy as I doubt
there is much freeware that will meet these criteria. Also, would be grateful
if there are any criteria I may have missed that are desirable.
Thanks for your kind input.