Thanks for posting here.
From your post, my understanding on this issue is: you find the following
error message about Windows Firewall:
"Could not start the Windows Firewall/Internet Connection Sharing (ICS)
service on Local Computer.
Error 170: The requested resource is in use."
If I am off base, please feel free to let me know.
Based on my knowledge, if you have installed ISA Server 2004 on the SBS
2003, then we must perform the following steps to configure it:
1. Run Windows Update to install all critical updates.
2. Leave the Default Gateway of the internal NIC blank.
3. Configure both the internal NIC and the external NIC to use the internal
DNS Service as the DNS Server.
4. On the DNS Server, create the DNS Forwarder to forward the external DNS
resolution requests to the ISP's DNS server. See:
323380 How to configure DNS for Internet access in Windows Server 2003
4. Strictly followed the instructions in the KB article below to run CEICW:
825763 How to configure Internet access in Windows Small Business Server
I hope the above information helps.
Have a nice day.
Microsoft Online Partner Support
Get Secure! - www.microsoft.com/security
PLEASE NOTE the newsgroup SECURE CODE and PASSWORD were
updated on February 14, 2006.? Please complete a re-registration process
by entering the secure code mmpng06 when prompted. Once you have
entered the secure code mmpng06, you will be able to update your profile
and access the partner newsgroups.
When responding to posts, please "Reply to Group" via your newsreader so
that others may learn and benefit from this issue.
This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.