Through learning from a previous question, I asked here
on this XP newsgroup, I was told I have a beta version
of Windows. I have a few questions from this:::::Boot.Ini
1. Does this mean I have Whistler Personal on 2
partitions of my hard drive and if I do, how would I or
can I see what is on the other partition ? I'm nosey...lol
2. Could I have caused this by letting a friend take my
hard drive out, putting his version of Windows ME on,
then putting my hard drive back on my computer? (He did
this thinking, I was a beginner,so I would do better with
ME, but I didn't like it, as soon as he put it on and had
him take it off and put my XP back on)
3. Could I have caused this by doing a system recovery,
according to the HP owners manual? (as I did not have the
4. Would this version cause problems, as I am a beginner
and take responsibility for things I have done, but could
this beta version be helping me along the way ?
5. I have a brand new boxed version of Windows XP Home
Edition.Can this be installed deleting everything out,
that is on my computer now?
Thank You for any advice and help. I will be checking
back for any suggestions.