I'm not able to find where any of the software for the old mouse is. I
found the drivers, and renamed them, but my computer reinstated them
somehow. It's calling my old mouse (the Dell) a Microsoft mouse.
I don't know if there was special software installed for the old mouse.
I didn't set it up, and I'm not able to contact my friend who did it
right now. When I look for anything like it in Add/Remove Programs,
there is nothing there that looks "mousy" to me.
It sounds like maybe I have not been rebooting enough in between all
these steps. I will try this again and see how it goes.
Thanks for your help -- not sure why this has to be so complicated!
The old mouse is working fine, it just goes through alot of batteries.
The new one I got basically free with other stuff I needed, and it's
supposed to have really good battery life, so I thought I'd try it.