AQ = Frequently Asked Questions - unofficial
This FAQ is posted weekly.- more or less
Please save yourself some time by reading it before posting to the
--- BEFORE POSTING ANYTHING PLEASE READ THIS ---
Reading the article will help you get a quick and meaningful
response to your question rather than just more questions for you.
It may keep your message from being screened or bounced.
A few basics, in case you decide you can skip that article:
(1) Be nice; everyone answering questions here is a volunteer.
(2) Post a question in only one newsgroup generally. If you
_have to_ post in more than one, post a _single_ message and
put both newsgroups in the header for that _single_ message.
(3) Do not attach anything to a message.
(4) The only really stupid question is the one you don't ask.
The reasons for the requests are spelled out on the web page.
A longer version of this FAQ is also on the Internet at
MVPs FAQ site: <URL: http://www.mvps.org/word/>
Also, before posting, you might want to look at the following
questions to see if yours is among them.
1. How can I change the default font from Times Roman New 10pt to
2. Page X of Y doesn't work! (You're right, it doesn't!)
<URL: http://addbalance.com/word/pagexofy.htm> or
3. How do I insert a date? Why does it (not) change when I
re-open the document?
4. How can I use calculated dates in Word?
5. How can I get a different header/footer on the second (and
6. What are some good books for me to read about Word?
<URL: http://addbalance.com/word/wordbooks.htm> or
7. How can I best use the Master Document feature?
8. Word 2K - How can I keep Word from opening separately for
9. Where can I find more information on the Web?
10. How can I get rid of that ^$#*@& paperclip?
11. How can I get rid of that ^$#*@& web toolbar?
12. Why doesn't Word's Fonts list show all of the fonts I
have installed in Windows?
13. What are some basic tips for someone who is converting
from Word Perfect?
14. How do I use (What is?) the Work menu?
15. What are some common errors people make with Word?