When I try to follow the instructions for enabling email merging with an
attachment, I get "Compile Error: User-defined type not defined" after trying
to run the macro. Can anyone help? I am using Outlook 2003, Word 2003 (Office
2003) on a WinXP machine.
Here's what I did, per the instructions at
- I downloaded and executed the Express ClickYes utility for Outlook.
- I open both Outlook and Word 2003
- In Word, I created a Directory file per the instructions, saved and closed
- In Word, I created and saved the macro from the above website and called
it "Mail_Merge_With_Attachment". I saved and closed out of Visual Basic (or
whatever window the Create Macro feature in Word opens.
- I then created a mail merge document, selected the data to merge (an Excel
file with company names, first names, etc).
- I completed the merge, going through the last step and actually merging
(that is, I select the "Merge - Electronic Mail" option.
- I try to run the macro while in Word and get the Compile error noted above.
Any help is appreciated! - Paul M.