AQ = Frequently Asked Questions - unofficial
This FAQ is posted weekly.- more or less
Please save yourself some time by reading it before posting to the
--- BEFORE POSTING ANYTHING PLEASE READ THESE ---
Reading these articles will help you get a quick and meaningful
response to your question rather than just more questions for you.
It may keep your message from being screened or bounced.
A few basics, in case you decide you can skip that article:
(1) Be nice; everyone answering questions here is a volunteer.
(2) Post a question in only one newsgroup generally. If you
_have to_ post in more than one, post a _single_ message and
put both newsgroups in the header for that _single_ message.
(3) Do not attach anything to a message.
(4) The only really stupid question is the one you don't ask.
(5) Do not use your real email address unless you enjoy spam. (See
bottom for sample.)
The reasons for the requests are spelled out on the web pages.
A longer version of this FAQ is also on the Internet at
Best way to access these newsgroups:
MVPs FAQ site: http://www.mvps.org/word/
Also, before posting, you might want to look at the following
questions to see if yours is among them.
1. How can I change the default font from Times Roman New 10pt to
2. Page X of Y doesn't work! (You're right, it doesn't!)
3. How do I insert a date? Why does it (not) change when I
re-open the document?
4. How can I use calculated dates in Word?
5. How can I get a different header/footer on the second (and
6. What are some good books for me to read about Word?
7. How can I best use the Master Document feature?
8. Word 2K - How can I keep Word from opening separately for
9. Where can I find more information on the Web?
10. How can I get rid of that ^$#*@& paperclip?
11. How can I get rid of that ^$#*@& web toolbar?
(Works for reviewing toolbar, too!)
12. How can I get rid of that weird line that appears
13. Why doesn't Word's Fonts list show all of the fonts I
have installed in Windows?
14. What are some basic tips for someone who is converting
from Word Perfect?
15. How do I use (What is?) the Work menu?