AQ = Frequently Asked Questions - unofficial - proofing
This FAQ is posted weekly.- more or less
Please save yourself some time by reading it before posting to the
--- BEFORE POSTING ANYTHING PLEASE READ THESE ---
Reading these articles will help you get a quick and meaningful
response to your question rather than just more questions for you.
It may keep your message from being screened or bounced.
A few basics, in case you decide you can skip that article:
(1) Be nice; everyone answering questions here is a volunteer.
(2) Post a question in only one newsgroup generally. If you
_have to_ post in more than one, post a _single_ message and
put both newsgroups in the header for that _single_ message.
(3) Do not attach anything to a message.
(4) The only really stupid question is the one you don't ask.
(5) Do not use your real email address unless you enjoy spam. (See
bottom for sample.)
The reasons for the requests are spelled out on the web pages.
A longer version of this FAQ is also on the Internet at
Best way to access these newsgroups:
MVPs FAQ site: http://www.mvps.org/word/
Also, before posting, you might want to look at the following
questions to see if yours is among them.
1. How do I edit the Custom Spelling dictionary?
2. How can I back up my customizations including dictionaries?
3. How do I take words out of the main dictionary?
4. How can I spell-check protected forms
5. How can I spell-check merge fields?
6. How can I print out a document with spelling errors marked?
7. How can I extract and use spell check dictionaries for
8. How can I get predictable language settings in Word?
9. How can I use AutoCorrect to automatically catch my spelling
errors and typos (and more)?
10. What are some good books for me to read about Word?
11. Why doesn't Word's Fonts list show all of the fonts I
have installed in Windows?
12. Punctuation Made Simple (not about Word)
13. Where can I find a good tutorial?
14. What is an MVP?
There are more questions than will fit here. For more questions
and answers, take a look at: