CTP build 5308 appears to have the same issue as the previous build 5270
with the Intel Pro/Wireless 2200BG driver.
The default installation may have an incorrect/defective driver installed.
The corrective action is:
- use Windows update Vista Applet to download updates
- ensure the "Optional" update for the 2200BG driver is checked
- install the updates; restart
- use Device Manager to Update the driver > Browse My Computer > Let Me Pick
From A List
- There will be two identical selections for the 2200BG; we had to click the
Until the driver is replaced, adjacent 802.11 networks and devices will be
impacted, even if the Vista computer is not configured for access to a
particular wireless network. Typical symptoms on the adjacent computers
include the network connection going up and down every two or three minutes
as the signal is dropped and re-acquired.
An alternate action is to disable the wireless adapter in Device Manager
until the correct driver may be installed.
We have only verified this on a IBM T42 notebook, and only with 802.11 "G",
although it is not inconceivable this issue is present with other computer
makes and models.