Networking problem (Found workaround)

Networking problem (Found workaround)

Post by phil » Sat, 11 Apr 2009 08:07:31

Thank you too all who helped me here!

I found a work-around.

First off, I did have to get rid of DHCP and go with a manual setup

Though my ISP told me they made no changes to the system

my big mistake was believing them.

I finally took the DNS numbers off my DSL modem

used them instead of the DNS numbers my ISP had been using previously

and now the thing works

Still don't know what DHCP read the numbers wrong

but one the the DNS numbers picked up by DHCP was off by one digit..
the other was not even close.

Well for now I'm up and running anyway