UPDATE: I figured out a work-around: The only names that were being
blanked out were ones that were updated on the second, third and forth
pass. So they were null when initially inserted into my temp table in
the sproc. So I changed my sproc and used [IsNull(ad_name, '')] to
replace values that would initially have been null with empty strings.
Then later, in my 2nd, 3rd, etc. updates, I checked for [ad_name =
''] instead of [ad_name is null]. This fixed the issue that
powerbuilder had with interpreting the resultset returned to it by the
sproc. Kinda hokey, but it worked. Still don't know what was wrong
with the results that made powerbuilder *** on them...