Problem with importing workflow when workflow consists of "send e-mail - new message" actions

Problem with importing workflow when workflow consists of "send e-mail - new message" actions

Post by backoffice » Mon, 08 Dec 2008 20:18:20


When exporting - importing workflows from one environment to another,
I encounter a problem when the workflow consists of "send e-mail - new
message" actions.

The bodytext (including all the dynamic fields) of the email embedded
in the worfklow is not imported, so I have a blank body

The subjectline is kept, but any dynamic fields in the subjectline are
corrupted. The target system no longer recognizes them as dynamic
fields but interpretes them as plain text.

Does anyone have a solution to this problem?

Tnx in advance

Jurgen
 
 
 

Problem with importing workflow when workflow consists of "send e-mail - new message" actions

Post by Chris » Wed, 10 Dec 2008 18:46:44

Not a solution I'm afraid but confirmation of the issue in another
context - that is, trying to "copy" an existing email activity within
an on-demand workflow action - so in effect dynamically filling the
important fields.

I haven't seen a problem with any field apart from the email body
(activity description). What happens is the WYSIWYG interface for the
email body 'gets in the way'. You can see this from examining the
saved XML activity data. Ideally you should be able to choose between
Dynamic-Source and Static-WYSIWYG.

The workaround is to create a custom workflow activity.
-Chris
http://www.yqcomputer.com/

 
 
 

Problem with importing workflow when workflow consists of "send e-mail - new message" actions

Post by backoffice » Fri, 12 Dec 2008 07:57:00

We found a solution for the problem, instead of exporting all
workflows and importing them in one operation, we tried a one by one
export of the workflows that contain e-mails actions and afterwards a
one by one import of those workflows. This solved our problem. Now we
have a correct subject line and the full body content