We have an MS CRM 3.0 setup and running well for quite long time. We would
like to upgrade it to MS CRM 4.0.
Current setup is,
1. Lot of reports added & customized for user needs
2. Lot of entities added & customized for user needs
3. Lot of forms added & customized for user needs
4. Lot of custom developed pages added (developed in ASP.NET 1.1). Of course
it's running on separate site but integrated inside the MS CRM 3.0 (so
typically used MS CRM 3.0 service calls)
5. Lot of Stored Procedure's & View's added
6. Customized the settings based on user needs
My doubts are
1. What all the precautionary measure should be taken before upgrading?
2. What would be easier & shortest way to upgrade this? (Any tricky part
included like changing registry/meta files etc...)
3. If we upgrade it to MS CRM 4.0 is there any need of re-writing
4. Do we have any chance of loosing data/structures/reports/pages?
5. Whether we can add our custom developed pages under ISV folder without
creating separate site? If so, does it support the pages developed in
6. Whether custom applications (snapins/addins) developed for Microsoft
Outlook 2003/2007 using VSTO for 2005 supports MS CRM 4.0?
1. Anybody having MS CRM 4.0 ER Diagrams?
That's all for now... Please advice...
Thanks & Regards,
Ajai Kumar .R