The situation isn't too different, but I still can't find a solution:
1. I have built the web service, my customer is consuming it.
2. Without any certs added to the WS call or cert requiring (in IIS),
the call to the web service works like a charm.
3. Turn on cert requirements and consumer has loaded cert into their
server with winhttpcertcfg and Add it to the WS call it errors.
4. The kicker is that the call drops into catch( e as exception ).
When she checks e.Message it is blank. Stack trace last entry is
5. I can only assume that either they've ordered an incorrect cert or
that it was installed correctly, but I don't know how to verify this.
I'm working with them as much as possible, but I don't know what they
need to do to verify.
I had them follow the steps at http://www.yqcomputer.com/
They say they can't see the certificate listed in the machine store
after using winhttpcertcfg to install. Is this normal? Also, how do
I tell what users have rights to a certificate - this could also be