We are needinf to install Analysis Server on Multi-Instance SQL 2005 Cluster
for Project Server 2007
1) We installed SQL2005 onto the cluster.
2) Wee now installed a second instance on that cluster for a different
3) We now want to install AS onto the first (default) instance. Once we
run the installation it does not recognize that it a cluster. If we select
cluster install, it tries to install it as if it is the only resource. We
need to be able to install it as part of the first instance and have it
reside in the cluster resource that the default instance is using.
Does that make since? The only thing I have found online is the following:
1) Use command line to install it. Lots to tweak and easy to fail the
2) Create an resource group, add a drive (which we don have) to the
resource, install AS, then migrate it to the correct resource grouplah,
3) Install it as a stand alone edition on each node, then create a resource
in cluster administrator to controll it. Don know if this option will even