| There is nothing i can do with that program.
| It wont let me uninstall my current directx, and install the one that
| came with XP.
| It wont let me make installer of xp cd, or anything..
If DirectX 9 gives you an error indicating that it cannot
copy a required file and you're running XP, try these
steps one at a time to see which one solves the problem:
1. Make sure you're using an Administrator's account
2. Click Start / Control Panel / Administrative Tools / Services
Scroll down to "Cryptographic Services", double click it and
change Startup type to: Automatic and click the "Start" button.
3. Install Service Pack 1 from the Windows Update Site
4. Close all programs including antivirus / firewall software
5. Download and install the latest full SDK version dated August 2005:
6. Right click your C:\Windows folder, select Properties and
uncheck the "Read-only" Attribute. Click OK on the popup box
to "Apply changes to this folder, subfolder, and files". (default.)
Hope this helps you fix that error that you and previous others have
reported. Please let me know which of the 6 steps worked for you. :-)
Cheers, Windows XP MVP Shell / User
Jimmy S. http://www.yqcomputer.com/
Game FAQs: http://www.yqcomputer.com/
Visit my Zone.com / *** Helpsite: http://www.yqcomputer.com/
or Call / Contact
MS Support at: http://www.yqcomputer.com/
My advice is donated "AS IS" without warranty; nor do I confer any rights.