Can you describe any error codes you're getting?
However, here are some suggestions you should check/try if you haven't already.
1. If you haven't done so already, upgrade to the latest version of MSN Messenger:
2. The date on your computer needs to be set properly -- double click the clock verify that
the time and date are set.
3. If your password information is not saved, verify that you are typing it in with the
correct case (uppercase or lowercase).
4. Change your password @ https://login.passport.com/ChangePW.srf to
something smaller (under 10-12 characters), then try signing in again.
5. If you use a firewall (like ZoneAlarm, Norton Internet Security etc. ), it's possible
that Messenger doesn't have the correct rights to access the Internet, especially since you
upgraded. You may need to re/add Messenger to the allowed list of programs in your firewall
if this is the case.
6. If you disabled your firewall in the past, it still may be blocking Messenger -- try
restarting it and see if that helps the situation. You also might try uninstalling an
installed firewall, to verify that it isn't causing a problem (even if it is disabled).
7. Clear your IE cache and cookies -- open Internet Explorer, click the Tools menu, then
Internet Options, then click the Delete Files button, and when that's complete click the
Delete Cookies button.
8. Check your IE Security settings -- open Internet Explorer, click the Tools menu, then
Internet Options, then Advanced tab, scroll to the Security section, and verify that "Check
for server certificate revocation" is unchecked. Also verify that 'Use SSL 2.0' and Use SSL
3.0' is checked, then click OK.
9. Click Start, then Run, and enter the following:
then click OK
and do the same for the following:
Microsoft MVP - Windows Live Messenger/MSN Messenger/Windows Messenger
Messenger Resources - http://messenger.jonathankay.com
All posts unless otherwise specified are (c) 2006 Jonathan Kay.
You *must* contact me for redistribution rights.
"preben nielsen" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM > wrote in message
news: XXXX@XXXXX.COM ...
> The PC in question CAN log on using Windows Messenger and there is no problems with >
> browsing or email.>
> We're using Win XP on all the 4 PC's.>
> There is only ONE thing that is "special" about this troublesome PC. The built-in wireless >
> network adaptor did not seem to work so it has been disabled in Wondows and another has >
> been added in the PCMCIA slot.>
> I have been in contact with Microsoft Support and have tried changing firewall setting, >
> Safety setting and everything they could think of. Nothing worked :( This PC does not have >
> thirdparty antivirus protection or firewall or anything like that.>
> One strange this with Messenger on this PC (MSN 7.5 and Windows Live Beta) is that when you >
> try to write the logon information it can take up to 10 seconds before the text you write >
> appear in the textboxes !>
> Apart from MSN Messenger/Live Messenger this PC works perfectly in every way....>
> What is it ??? Please help !>
> PS. My wife will do almost everything to get it to work ;-)>