- Launch the IIS Manager.
- Expand the settings in the treeview for the local computer.
- Click on Web Service Extensions.
- On the right-hand side, under tasks, click on Add a new Web service
- Under Extension Name, type httpsrvr.dll or whatever you want to show it
- Under Required Files, select the httpsrvr.dll file on the server.
- Check the box that says "Set Extension Status to Allowed".
New Web Service Extension
In an effort to reduce the attack surface of your Web server, IIS 6.0 serves
only static content after a default installation. Programmatic functionality
provided by IIS APIs (ISAPIs) or Common Gateway Interfaces (CGIs) must be
manually enabled by an IIS administrator. ISAPIs and CGIs extend the ability
of your Web pages and for this reason ISAPIs and CGIs are referred to here
as Web service extensions. For example, in order to run Active Server Pages
(ASP) with this version of IIS, the ISAPI Asp.dll must be enabled as a new
Web service extension.
Use the options in this dialog box to enable or disable specific ISAPIs or
ISAPI filters are not considered Web service extensions. ISAPI filters are
not enabled through this dialog box.
For a Web service extension to run, the ISAPI or CGI must be located in
the content directory on your server running IIS (for example,
LocalDrive:\Inetpub\wwwroot for a default installation).