java/128948: java/jdk16 built from source can't bind a socket, but diablo-jdk16 downloaed during build can.

java/128948: java/jdk16 built from source can't bind a socket, but diablo-jdk16 downloaed during build can.

Post by andre » Wed, 19 Nov 2008 07:36:49



System: FreeBSD duncan.reilly.home 7.1-PRERELEASE FreeBSD 7.1-PRERELEASE #36: Sat Nov 15 09:26:38 EST 2008 XXXX@XXXXX.COM :/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/DUNCAN amd64


Machine is an Athlon64-X2 with 2G RAM
Just built jdk-1.6.0.3p4_6 from ports, which had the
effect of downloading diablo-jdk-1.6.0.07.02_2 as part
of the build process. I had netbeans-6.1 installed, so
used that as a test. Using the source-built jdk
resulted in this error:

$ netbeans --jdkhome /usr/local/jdk1.6.0/
java.net.BindException: Can't assign requested address
at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.socketBind(Native Method)
at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.bind(PlainSocketImpl.java:359)
at java.net.ServerSocket.bind(ServerSocket.java:319)
at java.net.ServerSocket.<init>(ServerSocket.java:185)
at org.netbeans.CLIHandler$Server.<init>(CLIHandler.java:964)
at org.netbeans.CLIHandler.initialize(CLIHandler.java:523)
at org.netbeans.CLIHandler.initialize(CLIHandler.java:346)
at org.netbeans.MainImpl.execute(MainImpl.java:180)
at org.netbeans.MainImpl.main(MainImpl.java:75)
at org.netbeans.Main.main(Main.java:75)

and when netbeans started it complained of being unable
to connect to the network.

Using the diablo-jdk-1.6 resulted in a flawless run with
no commentary on stderr.

Build /usr/ports/java/jdk16, then run netbeans.

Don't know, sorry. A work-around appears to be to run
diablo-jdk instead.


_______________________________________________
XXXX@XXXXX.COM mailing list
http://www.yqcomputer.com/
To unsubscribe, send any mail to " XXXX@XXXXX.COM "
 
 
 

java/128948: java/jdk16 built from source can't bind a socket, but diablo-jdk16 downloaed during build can.

Post by redchi » Wed, 19 Nov 2008 08:20:04

he following reply was made to PR java/128948; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: "Kevin Downey" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >
To: "Andrew Reilly" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >
Cc: XXXX@XXXXX.COM
Subject: Re: java/128948: java/jdk16 built from source can't bind a socket, but diablo-jdk16 downloaed during build can.
Date: Mon, 17 Nov 2008 14:51:04 -0800

On Mon, Nov 17, 2008 at 2:36 PM, Andrew Reilly < XXXX@XXXXX.COM > wrote:
>
>>Number: 128948
>>Category: java
>>Synopsis: java/jdk16 built from source can't bind a socket, but diablo-jdk16 downloaed during build can.
>>Confidential: no
>>Severity: serious
>>Priority: high
>>Responsible: freebsd-java
>>State: open
>>Quarter:
>>Keywords:
>>Date-Required:
>>Class: sw-bug
>>Submitter-Id: current-users
>>Arrival-Date: Mon Nov 17 22:40:00 UTC 2008
>>Closed-Date:
>>Last-Modified:
>>Originator: Andrew Reilly
>>Release: FreeBSD 7.1-PRERELEASE amd64
>>Organization:
>>Environment:
> System: FreeBSD duncan.reilly.home 7.1-PRERELEASE FreeBSD 7.1-PRERELEASE #36: Sat Nov 15 09:26:38 EST 2008 XXXX@XXXXX.COM :/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/DUNCAN amd64
>
>
> Machine is an Athlon64-X2 with 2G RAM
>>Description:
> Just built jdk-1.6.0.3p4_6 from ports, which had the
> effect of downloading diablo-jdk-1.6.0.07.02_2 as part
> of the build process. I had netbeans-6.1 installed, so
> used that as a test. Using the source-built jdk
> resulted in this error:
>
> $ netbeans --jdkhome /usr/local/jdk1.6.0/
> java.net.BindException: Can't assign requested address
> at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.socketBind(Native Method)
> at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.bind(PlainSocketImpl.java:359)
> at java.net.ServerSocket.bind(ServerSocket.java:319)
> at java.net.ServerSocket.<init>(ServerSocket.java:185)
> at org.netbeans.CLIHandler$Server.<init>(CLIHandler.java:964)
> at org.netbeans.CLIHandler.initialize(CLIHandler.java:523)
> at org.netbeans.CLIHandler.initialize(CLIHandler.java:346)
> at org.netbeans.MainImpl.execute(MainImpl.java:180)
> at org.netbeans.MainImpl.main(MainImpl.java:75)
> at org.netbeans.Main.main(Main.java:75)
>
> and when netbeans started it complained of being unable
> to connect to the network.
>
> Using the diablo-jdk-1.6 resulted in a flawless run with
> no commentary on stderr.
>
>>How-To-Repeat:
> Build /usr/ports/java/jdk16, then run netbeans.
>>Fix:
>
> Don't know, sorry. A work-around appears to be to run
> diablo-jdk instead.
>
>
>>Release-Note:
>>Audit-Trail:
>>Unformatted:
> _______________________________________________
> XXXX@XXXXX.COM mailing list
> http://lists.freebsd.org/mailman/listinfo/freebsd-java
> To unsubscribe, send any mail to " XXXX@XXXXX.COM "
>

have you tried passing:
-Djava.net.preferIPv4Stack=true
to java?

--
The Mafia way is that we pursue larger goals under the guise of
personal relationships.
Fisheye
______
 
 
 

java/128948: java/jdk16 built from source can't bind a socket, but diablo-jdk16 downloaed during build can.

Post by andre » Wed, 19 Nov 2008 11:20:04

The following reply was made to PR java/128948; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Andrew Reilly < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >
To: "Kevin Downey" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >
Cc: "Andrew Reilly" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >,
XXXX@XXXXX.COM
Subject: Re: java/128948: java/jdk16 built from source can't bind a socket,
but diablo-jdk16 downloaed during build can.
Date: Tue, 18 Nov 2008 10:07:53 +1100

On Mon, 17 Nov 2008 14:51:04 -0800


> have you tried passing:
> -Djava.net.preferIPv4Stack=true
> to java?

I hadn't, but have just given that a go and it did not appear to
make any difference. Same error message and same lack of network
connectivity.

Thanks for the suggestion, though.

Cheers,

Andrew
_______________________________________________
XXXX@XXXXX.COM mailing list
http://www.yqcomputer.com/
To unsubscribe, send any mail to " XXXX@XXXXX.COM "