o connect directly to this site, copy the following into your browser's
Address Bar. After this, you will no longer need to connect through the
CDO. You will use Outlook Express to access the NG.
Now, it is a bit tricky. When I click one of those things, it gets right
to it. One really need stop it & get the following rule in. I do
believe, it will then not download older than the rule specifies.
(1) At "OE, Tools menu, Message Rules, News", create a Message Rule to
delete posts older than, say, 60 days. Also check "stop processing more
(2) Use the "Move up" button to move this rule to the top of any other
rule you may have, or these old messages will pass to them & possibly
(3) At "Tools, Options, Read tab", uncheck "Get xxx headers at a time".
(4) R-Clk the NG in the left pane, Synchronize Settings, set to All
(5) Click the NG in the left pane to select it.
(6) Click "Tools menu, Synchronize Newsgroup"
Posts older than 60 days will not download. Posts that age on your
machine after the download are your responsibility to delete, by
occasionally going to that rule & clicking "Apply Now". After that,
compact: "OE, File menu, Folder, Compact all folders". However, go
offline before doing those... "OE, File menu, Work Offline".
BEFORE posting to the newsgroup, you may wish to alter your E-mail
Address that will appear in messages posted to the newsgroup. This is to
prevent harvesting of your address...
(7) "OE, Tools menu, Accounts, News tab"
(8) Select the server "msnews.microsoft.com",
& click the Properties button.
(9) Alter the E-Mail address there to something like...
Finally, Colorado disagrees, but there is a cave-dwelling MVP around,
(1) "OE, Tools, Options, Maintenance tab".
(2) Uncheck "Delete news messages x days after being downloaded".
(3) Uncheck "Compact messages in the background".
http://www.rickrogers.org/setupoe.htm How to connect
Manual Instructions to connect
http://www.dts-l.org/ This too
Thanks or Good Luck,
There may be humor in this post, and,
Naturally, you will not sue,
should things get worse after this,
"TERRI - IRQ Holder for PCI steering" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM > wrote in message news: XXXX@XXXXX.COM ...
| wow! I am SOOOOOOOOOOOO incredibly LOST! NOW I have THREE problems ! and the
| fun just keeps-on-a-happenin! teehee. Can someone help me PLEASE ?
| Problem #1: I had checked the box indicating I wished to be informed any
| time there was a reply to my question. I got an e-mail....I clicked where it
| told me to click....it's been all day now and I suppose I could click on that
| lil bugger until I turned blue & it's not going to take me anywhere.....how
| do I find out, if there actually WAS a response to my question, what that
| response might be?
| Problem #2: I still have to piggyback my questions on someone else's
| problem to be able to even enter the question. When I click on Question, the
| screen flips, but looks just like before when it comes back. There's no
| place for me to enter anything.
| Problem #3: My original problem. When I boot up the computer (which in
| reality is starting to sound pretty good - and I got the boots that'll do
| it!) it only comes up in SAF