This is easily fixed. You will need to have VPC running, but no VMs
running. The VM you want to repair should not have a save state
1. Open your Virtual PC List folder in ~/Documents
2. Right (ctrl) click the VM in question and 'Show Package Contents'
3. Launch Virtual PC
4. Make sure that no VMs are running. The VM you want to alter should
be shut down (no save state)
5. Open the settings for the VM in question
6. Click the drive 1 setting
7. Drag the Virtual PC hard disk document (often called base drive) to
the text field where the field in the settings panel is
8. Click OK and then close the package.
It should work now.