1. Press Release - Soft Xpansion presents Billiard Kings 2: New 3D billiard simulation for the PC
2. software rasterizer for 3d pool/billiard balls
I need to write a simple 3d pool/billiard simulaton using software only
rendering. I've already got a triangle scanline renderer but I don't
want to render the balls using polygons! Instead I need a fast way to
render them either by blitting directly to screen space or some other
method without tessalating them.
The problem I'm having is because perspective effects would normally be
visible if the balls were rendered using triangle meshes (in the same
way as the pool table) unless the balls were directly in the centre of
the screen, and not too close to the camera. However, simply blitting a
pre-rendered circle or perfect sphere around the balls centre point
does not give the same perspective effect, and is not quite correct.
How do other pool games do this (other than using meshes) and maintain
consistency with perspective distortion?
(I read some reviews of commercial billiard games and they rave about
the balls being perfectly round, surley you can't do that unless its an
orthographic perspective transform, which there clearly not.)
3. Microsoft Surface the next big thing in Technology
4. ntp.conf pool pool.ntp.org preempt (was ntpd 4.2.4p5 pool pool.ntp.org preempt)
5. [News] [Rival] Surface Reveals What's Underneath Microsoft's Wobbly Surface
7. [OT] modeling billiard table
8. Scratching the Surface of Microsoft's New Table PC
9. compare between java technology & Microsoft technology
10. Light Effect on Pool Surface HELP!
11. [News] [Rival] Microsoft's Patches Break Microsoft Software, Zero-day Attacks Surface
12. SN#20829 Deploying Hybrid Storage Pools With Flash Technology and the Solaris ZFS File System
13. SN#22694 Hybrid Storage Pools With Sun Flash Technology and Solaris ZFS