Hi there --
I conntected a new Vista laptop to the work's Samba file server with no
problems. Then, for no obvious reason it simply stopped working. I could
ping the server so I know that its there (apart from the fact that all the
other machines are XP and don't any problems), but I can't connect a drive to
it. Indeed, vista won't even see it if I type the IP address directly into
I've tried everything I can find, including the HKEY hack that seems to have
worked for everyone I know:
I've tried re-installing and that hasn't worked either.
The only difference that I can find between the XP machines and mine is that
I can't change the service name providor on the RPC options to Windows. If I
do, close, and then reopen it reverts back to blank, an option that doesn't
even exist on the XPs.
I've checked and the RPC service has started.