Clustering Algorithms

Clustering Algorithms

Post by vaib » Fri, 09 Jan 2009 20:08:05


hi all,
I am doing a project for making a clustering search engine . The
problem is that I do not have the right resources to study about
clustering algorithms . Can anyone please suggest some good resources
to study about clustering - books, url, anything that I can implement
using programmig . First of all before beginning any implementation I
want to get my theory about the subject correctly.

Thanking in anticipation .
 
 
 

Clustering Algorithms

Post by Joachim Pi » Sat, 10 Jan 2009 22:58:08

vaib schrieb:
> I am doing a project for making a clustering search engine . The
> problem is that I do not have the right resources to study about
> clustering algorithms . Can anyone please suggest some good resources
> to study about clustering - books, url, anything that I can implement
> using programmig . First of all before beginning any implementation I
> want to get my theory about the subject correctly.

You could do the clustering by analyzing the hyperlink structure.
There are graph clustering algorithmus that use the concept of
betweenness of a node or an edge. Betweenness means how often
a node or edge must be crossed in order to get from one randomly
chosen node to another one on the shortest path.

In order to get clusters, elements with high betweenness value
are successively removed, until the graph breaks down into
smaller disjoint subgraphs. These subgraphs can be considered
as clusters.

http://www.yqcomputer.com/
http://www.yqcomputer.com/
http://www.yqcomputer.com/
http://www.yqcomputer.com/
http://www.yqcomputer.com/
http://www.yqcomputer.com/
http://www.yqcomputer.com/
http://www.yqcomputer.com/

Regards,
Joachim

 
 
 

Clustering Algorithms

Post by vaib » Sun, 11 Jan 2009 18:52:46


> I am doing a project for making a clustering search engine . The >> problem is that I do not have the right resources to study about> > clustering algorithms . Can anyone please suggest some good resource>
> to study about clustering - books, url, anything that I can impleme>t
> using programmig . First of all before beginning any implementatio> I
> want to get my theory about the subject correc>ly>
>
> You could do the clustering by analyzing the hyperlink struct>re.
> There are graph clustering algorithmus that use the concep> of
> betweenness of a node or an edge. Betweenness means how o>ten
> a node or edge must be crossed in order to get from one rand>mly
> chosen node to another one on the shortest p>th>
>
> In order to get clusters, elements with high betweenness v>lue
> are successively removed, until the graph breaks down >nto
> smaller disjoint subgraphs. These subgraphs can be consid>red
> as clust>rs>
>
> http://www.yqcomputer.com/ ://arxiv.org/abs/0809.1906 http://www.yqcomputer.com/ ://xxx.lanl.gov/abs/cond-mat/0303264 http://www.yqcomputer.com/ ://blogs.zdnet.com/emergingtech/?p=911 http://www.yqcomputer.com/ ://biology.plosjournals.org/perlserv/?request=get-document&doi=1>..>
>
> Rega>ds,
> Joachim

Hi Joachim,
It seems that you have quite good knowledge of clustering . See I am
not looking for just one type of clustering . But thank you so much
for that reply since I had been expecting one for a long time now . I
am looking for resources to study clustering from . You know - books
and all, maybe some sites also . I want to have a basic grip on
clustering . Then I would want to study the various algorithms, such
as the one you suggested above, so that I can implement them . So can
you tell me where to study the various algos from or maybe name some
good resources to study clustering from ?

Thank you again . Vaib .
 
 
 

Clustering Algorithms

Post by vaib » Sun, 11 Jan 2009 20:07:25


> I am doing a project for making aclusteringsearch engine . The >> problem is that I do not have the right resources to study about> > clusteringalgorithms . Can anyone please suggest some good resource>
> to study aboutclustering- books, url, anything that I can impleme>t
> using programmig . First of all before beginning any implementatio> I
> want to get my theory about the subject correc>ly>
>
> You could do theclusteringby analyzing the hyperlink struct>re.
> There are graphclusteringalgorithmus that use the concep> of
> betweenness of a node or an edge. Betweenness means how o>ten
> a node or edge must be crossed in order to get from one rand>mly
> chosen node to another one on the shortest p>th>
>
> In order to get clusters, elements with high betweenness v>lue
> are successively removed, until the graph breaks down >nto
> smaller disjoint subgraphs. These subgraphs can be consid>red
> as clust>rs>
>
> http://www.yqcomputer.com/ ://arxiv.org/abs/0809.1906 http://www.yqcomputer.com/ ://xxx.lanl.gov/abs/cond-mat/0303264 http://www.yqcomputer.com/ ://blogs.zdnet.com/emergingtech/?p=911 http://www.yqcomputer.com/ ://biology.plosjournals.org/perlserv/?request=get-document&doi=1>..>
>
> Rega>ds,
> Joachim

And most importantly

I am new to clustering and fuzzy logic . So, in this regard I
want to ask certain questions

1. Where do i study clustering from ? Kindly recomment some sources
of
study like books or some good urls .

2. Do I need to study fuzzy logic also ?? If yes, kindly suggest
sources for that too .

3. What clustering algorithms should I study for the kind of project
I
am making ?? Should I read from research papers ?? And Where do i get
these from ?

4. I would some third party java api for this . I know about Joone
and
Weka . Are there other java resources also that could help me ?

And finally, please someone answer since I consider usenet a great
source of information . Also, any suggestions or even comments on the
stuff I am making would be highly appreciated and looked into . I am
new to this field so I need all the help that I can get .

Thanking in anticipation . Vaib .