Strange Strange I bet nobody has answer for this.

Strange Strange I bet nobody has answer for this.

Post by Ryan » Sat, 21 May 2005 23:49:46


Here is the setup I am running Filemaker Server Advanced v7.02on a
Window Small Business Server 2003.
All my clients (5 for now) are running XP Pro with FMP v7.03. I have
made a very extensive form patched with several "Text boxes" (I
could not get Filemaker to agree with my Word Doc format so I pasted
the word doc in "text boxes" several paragraphs at a time. Then I
formatted the Paragraphs within Filemaker). When I preview this
document via "open remote" from all 5 clients everything is aligned
and is how it suppose to look. Then when I print the form 4 of the 5
clients print the form just fine. When I print from the fifth client
the form is align looks just like the rest except, on SOME of the lines
in the paragraphs only about every fifth word is visible like this.

The conform

and oil units need not
conform as to area with gas units. The pooling
units.

Instead of this:

The units formed by pooling as to any stratum or strata need not
conform in size or area with the unit or units into which the lease is
pooled or combined as to any other stratum or strata, and oil units
need not conform as to area with gas units. The pooling in one or more
instances shall not exhaust the rights of the Lessee hereunder to pool
this lease or portions thereof into other units.

Has this ever happen to anyone?
 
 
 

Strange Strange I bet nobody has answer for this.

Post by Ihor » Thu, 26 May 2005 01:10:06


lines
is
more
pool

No!

 
 
 

Strange Strange I bet nobody has answer for this.

Post by Elfeclai » Sun, 12 Jun 2005 15:02:53

Yes I am currently facing this problem and some others with text fields.

You should verify that you use the correct way of "line feed"
Menu File / File Options / Texte / Use Latin "Line Field"
My filemaker is not in english, so the words may differs ...

This helped me to solve this problem.

But I still have strange behaviour. I use filemaker (v7.3 developer) to
manage all my correspondence (letters, invoices, etc.) so there are big
texte boxes, and :
- sometimes when I use diacritics characters (e with accent) some of
the others letters are changed. The "a" becomes "@", the "e" becomes
"e+O", etc. but only when printed !
- sometimes, when I let filemaker managing the alignement (I don't cut
the lines by myself), some of the word are not displayed, but only when
printed !

It is very annoying !!!
Ryan a rit :
 
 
 

Strange Strange I bet nobody has answer for this.

Post by Remi-Noel » Sun, 12 Jun 2005 15:13:21

I don't know any precise answer to your problems, but what I would do if
I had a case like this is :
- take a known good clone of the file, reimport the data in it from the
original file, compress it.
- change the printer driver and possibly the fonts.
Just my 2 cents.
Remi-Noel



XXXX@XXXXX.COM ...
 
 
 

Strange Strange I bet nobody has answer for this.

Post by Elfeclai » Tue, 14 Jun 2005 23:23:11

did this, but the problem is still there.
I compressed my file, make a clone of it, imported the data in the clone.
I checked all the fonts I used and changed the missing ones by some good
ones.
I changed the font on the text box from "Palatino Linotype" to "Times
New Roman" (from Windows XP) without success, except that the problem
occurs elsewhere in the text.

Some hints :
- I think this is not a printer problem because it also occurs with
PDF creator (used to create a PDF file instead of printing).
- I think this is not a font problem because I changed the fonts and
the problem is still present.
- When I manage the end of lines myself, the lines are correct

Do you know where I can look ? This is realy annoying !

Thank you.

Remi-Noel Menegaux a rit :
 
 
 

Strange Strange I bet nobody has answer for this.

Post by Ryan » Thu, 16 Jun 2005 04:57:41

I am still having the same problem I have even tried several different
printers. I will continue to work on this. If I have a break through I
will share it with you.

Oh
BTW
Ihor
I guess you were wrong......



and you are a *** head.
 
 
 

Strange Strange I bet nobody has answer for this.

Post by Elfeclai » Thu, 16 Jun 2005 19:08:03

So we have the same problem. It appears only on some records.
As I really needed to print my page, I tried to change the font used
from Palatino Linotype to Times New Roman. The problem was still present
but elsewhere in the text box. It changed the font back to Palatino
Linotype and the record prints ok now.
I don't think I have really corrected the problem, but I was able to
print my page.

If I found a solution I will inform you ...

Ryan a rit :
 
 
 

Strange Strange I bet nobody has answer for this.

Post by Ryan » Sat, 09 Jul 2005 04:20:12

I had filemaker developer 7 and file maker 7 on the same computer in
question, as well as an older copy of filemaker 6 unlimited. I
uninstalled all three.(sold the unlimited, along with all the books I
purchased related to 6) Reinstalled only Filemaker pro 7 and all is
well now. I read on another board if you upgraded from 5.5 and/or 6 to
ver 7 expect some bugs the update to 7.03 was supposed to help but it
did not for me I just did a complete install of fmp 7. Hope this helps
you guys.