I have an app that connects to ODBC / SQL Server and reads some records,
updates a few records, and then terminates. On the desktop, this app
performs flawlessly. When I schedule this app in the NT2000 task scheduler
in Control Panel, I give it same login/permissions as I use to sign into my
interactive desktop yet it hangs during the ODBC connect
The ODBC data-source is defined in the control panel of the machine as a
system data source. I also tried FILE based and standard data source.
Seems to be no difference.
If I run a process list tool, I can see my app and all of the objects its
grabbed in window station 0, but nothing moves or completes. Its as if the
app is *** on connect, or getting some error that I can't see or respond
to. I've tried to write errors out to text/disk so I could maybe trace
where it get stuck but to no avail....
SQL Server 7 and 2000 have same problem. App is on machineA and sql server
engine on machineB over TCP/IP