error "CLIENT reliev a text/html and not text/xml " with sample.net

error "CLIENT reliev a text/html and not text/xml " with sample.net

Post by Dario Conc » Fri, 27 Jan 2006 23:47:12


I install XML for Analysis on Win Srv 2000 with IIS 5.1, MSXML 6 and Virtual
Directory xmla.
But I can't use sample.net or simly go to http://localhost/xmla/msxisapi.dll
but give back internal serve error!

I don't even succeed to starting the sample. net
HELP!
 
 
 

1. SQL XML 3.0 - Client found response content type of 'text/html', but expected 'text/xml'.

2. Client found response content type of 'text/html; charset=utf-8', but expected 'text/xml'

I have a VB.NET application that used to work against Project Server 2007.
However, we have built a new Project Server 2007 SP1 machine, and I cannot
authenticate to it anymore. As far as I know everything is configured the
same as the old (now retired) server.

The error I get is:

Client found response content type of 'text/html; charset=utf-8', but
expected 'text/xml'

The code that causes it is the LoginWindows.Login() call. The code below I
horked from somewhere and massaged it until it worked great on the original
Project Server 2007. I have Web References set up for AdminWebSvc,
LoginWindowsSvc, ResourceWebSvc, and TimeSheetWebSvc all pointing to the new
URL. I even deleted them and recreated them to no avail. The relevant code
is below:

Dim LoginWindows As New LoginWindowsSvc.LoginWindows

Dim TimeSheetSvc As New TimeSheetWebSvc.TimeSheet()
Dim ResourceSvc As New ResourceWebSvc.Resource()
Dim AdminSvc As New AdminWebSvc.Admin()
Dim ResourceDS As ResourceWebSvc.ResourceDataSet

TimeSheetSvc.Url = PROJECT_SERVER_URL + TIMESHEET_SERVICE_PATH
TimeSheetSvc.UseDefaultCredentials = True

ResourceSvc.Url = PROJECT_SERVER_URL + RESOURCE_SERVICE_PATH
ResourceSvc.UseDefaultCredentials = True

AdminSvc.Url = PROJECT_SERVER_URL + ADMIN_SERVICE_PATH
AdminSvc.UseDefaultCredentials = True

LoginWindows.Url = PROJECT_SERVER_URL + LOGIN_SERVICE_PATH
LoginWindows.Credentials = CredentialCache.DefaultCredentials

LoginWindows.Login()

Any idea what is causing the mismatch of text/html and text/xml? Thanks
much in advance!

3. Client found response content type of 'text/html; charset=utf-8', but expected 'text/xml'.

4. Error 500 - 'text/html'...expected 'text/xml' (string overflow?)

5. Error: content type of 'text/html; but expected 'text/xml'.

6. XML display as text/html instead of text/xml

7. Server found request content to be 'text/html' but expected 'text/xml' error.

8. Error: content type of 'text/html; but expected 'text/xml'.

9. found content type of 'text/html; but expected 'text/xml'

10. "Server found request content type to be 'text/html; charset=utf-8', but expected 'text/xml'."

11. Cannot read client's reply in text; html and text different

12. SQL Server, ASP.NET Xml placeholder, and HTML text...

13. [FAQ] HTML is trunctating PHP text (was: HTML is trunctating PHP text)

14. WLMD 8.0.1223 - Changing from "Plain text" to "Rich text (HTML)" scrumbles the text