Can an HTML web page dynamically modify its own code?
(without resort to Java or any other non-HTML complexities)
That is, is there any provision in HTML such that a single
"Next" button on a main or index.html page will:
a) Change an image displayed on that page (say Picture_1.jpg)
to the next image in a sequence (say Picture_2.jpg), AND
b) "Reprogram" the Next button so that when its clicked again
it will replace Picture_2.jpg with Picture_3.jpg, and so on
thru a sequence of images.
Result could be a "one page slide show" with
* index.html and Picture_1, Picture_2, etc, being the ONLY files on
the web site; no other intermediate "linking" HTML pages.
* Picture_1, Picture_2, etc, being pure JPEG files -- no hidden HTML.
* Any individual picture immediately replaceable with newer version,
with no recoding
* Identical index pages will work with different picture sequences
provided each index page and sequence are in different folders
* No "gallery" with thumbnails of individual slides needed
This is not possible in pure HTML . . right?