Software Project Manager, Toronto, Canada
OUR Client has a position with the following requirements
On assigned projects, Project Manager is:
- accountable for all project activity within assigned projects
- is also expected to contribute to value added efforts at their
client through billable contributions by project management, business
analysis or software development
- responsible for providing input and coordination of negotiation for
- responsible for resourcing for projects and coordinating with other
- responsible for preparing and signing project invoices
- responsible for preparing and presenting project proposals and
- Excellent understanding and solid working experience of project
management principles, skills, tools and techniques.
- dedicated person with extensive technical project experience, either
as an architect, a project manager, or a business analyst
- have a real desire to lead teams
- motivated to move beyond single project background by desire to grow
- good people skills and a nose for problem solving
- Experience with software development lifecycles and methodologies.
Practical experience managing n-tier Java based development projects
- must possess solid business, technical and project management skills
and be able to lead the creation of custom service offerings to meet
complex customer needs.
- Ability to work with customer business goals/ plans, competition,
issues, politics, and partners
- Understand the client's success criteria, how Client will make them
successful and how to establish when we have met success.
- summarize activities expected at a clients for the upcoming year
- resource requirement estimates for the year
- Quarterly client plan update
- Bi-weekly resource coordination meetings
- Bi-weekly cross customer update meeting
- Manage relationship with Business Partner specifically related to
the project deliverables
- Assess throughout the process where changes from plan are needed to
produce the highest quality delivery.
- Manage project resources, supporting and motivating team to perform
at the best of their abilities
- Review project deliverables for consistency with customer
objectives, Client standards, and Client management processes.
Must have skills:
Undergraduate degree at minimum.
5+ years of relevant hands-on experience supporting small to mid sized
projects in medium to large organizations
Good written and verbal communication skills are required.
Intense problem solving abilities.
Proven technical proficiency.
Ability to work independently.
Diverse outside interests
Nice to have skills:
Experience or understanding of object-oriented programming languages &
concepts to design and develop production class distributed
Projects that have used: Java, EJB, XML, VXML, Smalltalk, UML, HTTP,
TCP/IP, Unix, Linux
Experience with Extreme Programming or other agile practices.
Please forward your resume to Donald Lascelle
All candidates will be contacted.