The Community OpenORB 1.4.0 BETA2 is out.
After nearly 8 months of testing and bug-fixing, the OpenORB
community is proud to release the second beta of
"The Community OpenORB" product suite version 1.4.
The archives of all packages can be found at the SF project download
The Community OpenORB Team
The following list shows the changes since the first beta release
only. The complete list of changes per package is available in the
WHATSNEW file included with each module.
- Fixed various warnings Eclipse 3.0M6 complained about.
- Added Eclipse project files (.project and .classpath)
the project can now easily be imported by
New->Project->Import From existing Source
- Placed compiler cache files in build directory, caches are now
deleted by invoking the build target "clean"
- Fixed bug #955143. The problem of marshaling the array type
org.omg.CORBA.Any was due to a different behaviour of the parser
in the simple case (org.omg.CORBA.Any) and the array type.
This problem only appeared when org.omg.CORBA.Any has not
been parsed before. But our test case RemoteComplex has another
method that just uses the type org.omg.CORBA.Any so that this bug
never showed up under UNIX. Only Windows uncovered the problem
but it is still not known what the difference between the Windows
VM and the UNIX VMs was.
- Always use the native library on AIX with VM 1.4.x.
- When setting the property UtilDelegateImpl.setLocalCodebaseOnly(true)
we don't want any RMIClassloader to attempt to load the class.
In normal projects client and server side contain the classes
that are necessary for marshaling/unmarshaling the transfered
types. I have never seen a project where classes are loaded
dynamically from a remote location. Though the UtilDelegateImpl
wastes a lot of time trying to load a class using the RMIClassloader.
The reason is simply standard compliance because the Java2IDL
spec. requires exactly this behaviour. The default behaviour of
the method UtilDelegateImpl.loadClass() is the standard compliant.
With the property mentioned above the costly class loader operations
can be skipped.
- Added an optimization to ORB.lookup_value_factory(). This method
always perfoms expensive lookups although it should never be used
for any RMI type.
- Wrapped an unmarshalling call into a PriviledgedAction to make
it work even in restricted environments.
- Started adding a time measurement wrapper around test cases
to be able to detect hanging or long running test cases.
- Added missing class org.omg.CORBA.ObjectHelper to src/omg to make
OpenORB compile under IBM JDK 1.4.2 as this class seems to be
missing from IBM's server.jar in 1.4.2 whereas it was still present
in version 1.4.1.
- Fixed boolean property parsing for the iiop.useNativeLibrary.
OpenORB's getBooleanProperty assumes each value not equal to 'false'
or 'no' as true, so when Ant is passing a property like this:
because the property has not been set OpenORB evaluates the property
to true and wants to load the native library later in the tests.
- Added a Codec test case to verify a problem reported by Mathieu Vadet
(mathieu _dot_ vadet _at_ fr _dot_ thalesgroup _dot_ com).