Here's another feature I added to LabVIEW 8.20. Check out the six new VIs in the File I/O > Advanced File Functions subpalette. Some of them were already shipping with LabVIEW, but I added them to the palettes in 8.20 in hopes that people will find them and use them. Here's what they do:
- Check if File or Folder Exists.vi - Given a path to a file or folder, returns a true/false value as to whether or not that file/folder exists on disk.
- Recursive File List.vi - Given a path to a folder or LLB, will return all the contents of that folder/LLB...in the case of folders, it will recurse all subfolders to return their contents as well.
- Compare Two Paths.vi - Given two paths, will return a true/false value as to whether path B is relative to path A, and will also give the relative path between the two.
- Get File Extension.vi - Given a path, will return the file extension of that path, along with the part of the file name that preceeds the extension.
- MD5Checksum File.vi - Returns the MD5 checksum of a file. I've talked about this VI in a previous nugget, but it's officially on the palettes now in LabVIEW 8.20.
- Generate Temporary File Path.vi - Generates a unique path that you can then use with other File I/O VIs and functions to create a file in the temporary folder on your system.
I hope LabVIEW developers find these useful. Make sure to <a href=" http://www.yqcomputer.com/
" target="_blank">submit suggestions</a> to LabVIEW R&D if you find yourself writing VIs to do common functions that you think should be on the palettes for all to use. That was my primary motivation for putting these VIs on the palettes in the first place.
P.S. - Check out past nuggets <a href=" http://www.yqcomputer.com/