HPUX Poplog V15.53 now at Bham - also V15.53d needed recompiling

HPUX Poplog V15.53 now at Bham - also V15.53d needed recompiling

Post by A.Sloma » Mon, 17 Nov 2003 22:46:47


aldek wrote:

[WH]
[AS]

[WH]
.....


Very many thanks!

I have copied the complete contents of this to
http://www.cs.bham.ac.uk/research/poplog/hp-poplog/

and I have put additional information about it into
http://www.cs.bham.ac.uk/research/poplog/freepoplog.html

(which now has a NEWS section at the top.)

[I assume this will be mirrored at www.poplog.org but I am not sure
the mirror software is working: some things there are still out of
date.]


I untarred your complete package, added various recent updates and
then rebuilt it as
http://www.cs.bham.ac.uk/research/poplog/hp-poplog/poplog-hppa-hpux9-v15.53d.tar.gz
12822075 bytes Nov 16 13:20

NB: this is not yet a usable system as the changed source files will
have to be recompiled, and the system relinked, as explained below.

QUESTION:
I suspect that $popsrc/aarith.s may need changing, after the label
array_sub_error, following the change made to the PC+linux version
(though I am not sure)

Here's the revision note for the PC version:
| /* --- Revision History ---------------------------------------------------
| --- Aaron Sloman, Jan 7 2003
| Replaced
| call XC_LAB(weakref Sys$-Array$-Sub_error)
| with
| jmp XC_LAB(weakref Sys$-Array$-Sub_error)
| as suggested by
| XXXX@XXXXX.COM (Waldek Hebisch)
| following error report by
| XXXX@XXXXX.COM
| both posted to comp.lang.pop

In the HP version of aarith.s there's the line
CALLSYS XC_LAB(weakref Sys$-Array$-Sub_error)
addi -4, %usp, %usp ;;; reveal the last index again

Should it be some sort of jump instruction instead of call?

(A change like this also needs to go into windows poplog aarith.s but I
can't do that, as I can't rebuild windows poplog, and I don't know if
the syntax is the same as for pc+linux assembler. The bug was not
there in solaris poplog.)

ADDITIONAL NOTES:
Things added to the new package for hp-poplog :

Waldek's suggested changes concerning several months ago errno,
in $popexternlib and $popsrc

More recent fixes, including David Young's compiler bugfix
in $popsrc, and some changes I made, including increasing the
default value for popmemlim from 300000 to 1500000

All the changed files in $popsrc and $popexternlib have old versions
with .orig suffixes.

(They come from here:
http://www.cs.bham.ac.uk/research/poplog/src/new/v15.53apatch/
http://www.cs.bham.ac.uk/research/poplog/src/new/v15.53dpatch/ )

A minor change in $usepop/pop/ved/src/vdwindows.p which does not
require recompiling. It merely added a declaration.

Latest version of objectclass in $usepop/pop/lib/objectclass
As in
http://www.cs.bham.ac.uk/research/poplog/src/new/objectclass-10202.tar.gz

New stuff for Ved and XVed to provide more consistent and useful
keybindings, as in
http://www.cs.bham.ac.uk/research/poplog/src/new/newved.tar.gz

and some older stuff for Ved on linux console on PC, for
completeness.

Directory renamed as v15.53d

Some extra things in the top-level directory: a man/ and a bin/
subdirectory, userguide.html and INSTALL/ directory copied from
the latest pclinux version, But I don't know if the scripts in
there for relinking and rebuilding poplog will work (after the
sources have been recompiled and archived).
Also some empty fi