Mr. Message for OS/2 is an instant messenger client which is capable of
communicating over AOL's Instant Messenger network using the OSCAR
protocol (used in the Win32 AIM clients, jBuddy, gAIM, Kopete, ICQ, and
a variety of other clients).
It has been updated with the following changes:
* Added the ability to understand a server migration message.
This will allow you to stay on-line in a single session until
either a network error occurs or you decide to close the session.
* Added the ability to automatically log back in to the AOL server
after being booted or after a network error.
* IM windows and buddy list will not automatically close when a
session ends, unless the user explicitly wanted the session to
* Fixed the multimedia thread tracking so that it realizes that
audio threads have finished when they end with errors.
* Fixed session thread hang when AOL server tries (and fails) to
migrate us to a new server.
* Fixed failing to play some media formats that are supported by
the system (fixed for MP3 and Ogg Vorbis MMIO codecs in the
CWMM media classes and Russell O'Conner's MMAudio Pack).
* Fixed frozen sender threads when we receive a server pause
message and then get booted. This should allow you to restart
a session after being booted without shutting down the entire
* Fixed a crash when the buddy list is empty and a new buddy sends
their first message.
You can download it here:
or with the full source code here:
There is also a WarpIn installation package here:
Please read the README file before running or asking for support. As
always, feedback is appreciated.
A proper web page for the project is on the way... I really mean it this
I'd like to give a special thanks here to Jan van Wijk for helping me
recover from my system catastrophe. Without his help, this release
would have never happened and the project probably would have died.
[Reverse the parts of the e-mail address to reply.]