Mr. Message for OS/2 is an instant messenger client which is capable of
communicating over AOL's Instant Messenger network using the OSCAR
protocol (used in the Win32 AIM clients, jBuddy, gAIM, Kopete, ICQ, and
a variety of other clients).
It has been updated with the following changes:
* Added the ability to choose a different Oscar login server and port.
Edit your session entries from the Session Manager to change this.
* Removed chat support from the capabilities list reported to servers
until chat support is actually implemented (cures a crash when someone
attempts to invite you to a chat).
* Added the ability to set your client profile message. The user will
be able to enter their own profile in the next release.
* Added the ability to set your status to Away. The user will be able
to enter their own away messages in the next release.
* Fixed a potential infinite loop in the user information parser if some
bad or strange user information is received from the server.
* Fixed playing the "new arrival" sound effect when a user changes from
away status to active (this was only intended for users that newly
Apologies for the lack of updates last month. I've been out of town
You can download it here:
or with the full source code here:
Please read the README file before running or asking for support. As
always, feedback is appreciated.
[Reverse the parts of the e-mail address to reply.]