I suspect that there is some race condition problem on startup with
0.2.7. It's similar to the experience with Warp 4 pre-FP1 and the
Warpcenter thing, if I recall.
Not sure, but I have NOT experienced this with previous versions of
CWMM. Here's the story:
- Absolutely CLEAN install of MCP2. I then followed all instructions on
installing CWMM 0.2.7 including all cleaning and re-boots and the
RUNME1ST.CMD and backup of old DLL's.
- First re-boot, I get the blue screen. WPS does not come up, I just
have the pointer.
- I fiddled with STARTUP.CMD to add a CMD.EXE to startup (after booting
to commandline) and 2nd re-boot. The desktop comes up just fine. I
restore STARTUP.CMD to the original and things still work.
- Works fine for several weeks. Last night, again, same thing. (No, NOT
due to installation of new software, there was none). Boots to blue
screen and hangs, so I still get PM, but not WPS, and no desktop.
- I repeated this 3 times with the same effect. Remove CWMM and it boots
to desktop fine. Install CWMM, and it hangs at blue screen. CWMM doesn't
even have to be fully de-installed, if I boot to command-line and
re-name the CWMM directory and re-boot, the WPS+Desktop will come up.
I have no other desktop enhancers, and the only thing starting up is the
Relish background reminder and the network stuff. AUTOSTART is set to
FOLDERS, TASKLIST and WARPCENTER only.
Has anyone else experienced this?
I won't say it's CWMM, but it's CWMM 0.2.7 interacting with _something_,
and I can't tell what's at fault.