Thanks this helped a lot. Just FYI for the readers, I was binding the data
on the HTML side and that is where I was making the mistakes. With your
info, I figured this out and it worked fine. Creating the ListItemCollection
the same way you did in sub Bind_Data(), I then binded the collection to the
DropDownList inside the tag like this:
DataSource="<%# items %>"
DataValueField='<%# "Value" %>'
DataTextField='<%# "Text" %>'>
Before, I did not have the DataValueField or DataTextField attributes set.
If anyone uses this DropDownList Example, they should note the single quotes
used with DataValueField and DataTextField (and the double quotes around the
Value and Text fields). I guess I did not realize that 'Value' and 'Text'
were "Field Names" of the ListItem.
Thanks again, this was a big help.