A Detroit area company which is a world class leader in telematics
needs a Senior Software Engineer. Salary $70-$80K depending on
experience. Local candidates only. No relo available. Green card or
U.S. citizenship required.
Reports to: Software Manager
Supervises: No direct reports. May supervise engineering product
Responsible for object-oriented, embedded system software product
development including writing software requirements, analysis, software
design, software implementation, and testing.
1. Performs object-oriented, embedded software design and development
for Radio, Navigation, and Multimedia automotive electronic systems.
2. Analyzes existing object-oriented embedded system software to add
features, make modifications, and/or port to different hardware
3. Analyzes customer and internal requirements and specifications and
translates these into software designs.
4. Develop quality software by adhering to company software standards
and object-oriented and embedded software industry best practices.
5. Tests software designs and code at the unit and system level to
insure that all requirements are met and the highest software quality
6. Participates in internal and customer driven design reviews
7. Coordinates software development activities with software team
8. Identifies product requirement or performance issues. Works with
software team leader to negotiate resolution.
9. Overcomes obstacles to meet commitments. Demonstrates personal
integrity in all interactions.
Education: BSCE, BSEE, BSCS minimum requirement. Advanced engineering
Experience: 5+ years object-oriented, embedded software product
development experience.Audio industry background desirable. C++
programming experience required, advanced object-oriented experience
including frameworks desired; HMI/user interface software development
experience a plus; Hitachi SH3 or similar microcontroller experience
required; Tornado/VxWorks experience desired; Microsoft Visual Studio
development experience desired; I2C, RS232, other serial interface
experience desired, MOST interface experience a plus; FPGA experience a
plus, CD-ROM/DVD interface experience a plus; Experience developing and
debugging object-oriented software in a real-time, embedded,
multi-processor, multi-interface environment desired.
Interested persons, please contact
Executive IT Recruiter
Spherion Professional Recruiting
ISO 9001~2000 Registered
419-893-2400, Extension 1291