I have the following problem on just one computer (Windows XP SP3):
net use * \\<ip>\<share> /u:<user> <pass>
produces "Error 67 - Network path not found". Works ok on all other computers.
It seems that SMB is not served on port 445, i.e.
on the "bad" computer shows no activity on port 445 ("UDP 0.0.0.0:445 *:*", or
"TCP 0.0.0.0:445 0.0.0.0.:0" rsp. don't even show up).
The mapping - for security reasons - has to be made via CIFS (DMZ, Firewall).
Actions so far:
1) Reinstalled TCP/IP
2) Checked HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\NetBT\Parameters\TransportBindName
=> value is correct with "\Device\"
3) Checked settings under WINS tab => CIFS is allowed (NetbiosOptions = 0)
4) Client for Microsoft Network is installed and running (even reinstalled them)
5) File and Print Services are installed and running (even reinstalled them)
6) No errors in the event log.