*** FIRST CALL FOR PAPERS ***
9th International Conference on
Application of Concurrency to System Design
1-3 July 2009
University of Augsburg, Germany
*** Paper deadline: 4 January 2009 ***
Notification of acceptance: 10 March 2009
Final version due: 10 April 2009
The International Conference on Application of Concurrency to System Design (ACSD) serves as a forum for disseminating theoretical results with application potential and advanced methods and tools for the design of complex concurrent systems. While there are already quite a few success stories in the field, there is still a strong need to bring theory and practice closer together. The conference aims at cross-fertilizing both theoretical and applied research on topics including, but not limited to, the fol
* Design methods, tools and techniques based on models of computation and concurrency (data-flow models, communicating automata, Petri nets, process algebras, state charts, MSCs, etc.), (performance) analysis, verification, testing and synthesis.
* Hardware / software co-design, platform-based design, component-based design, refinement techniques, hardware / software abstractions, co-simulation and verification.
* Synchronous and asynchronous design, asynchronous circuits, globally asynchronous locally synchronous systems, interface design, multi-clock systems, functional and timing verification.
* Concurrency issues in Systems on Chips, massively parallel architectures, networks on chip, task and communication scheduling, resource, memory and power management, fault-tolerance and Quality of Service issues.
* (Industrial) case studies of general interest, gaming applications, consumer electronics and multimedia, automotive systems, (bio-)medical applications, internet and grid computing, etc.
* Concurrency issues in ad-hoc, mobile and wireless networking, sensor networks, communication protocols, cross-layer optimization, resource and power management, fault-tolerance, concurrency-related security issues.
* Business process modelling, simulation and verification, (distributed) workflow execution, business process (de-)composition, interorganisational and heterogeneous workflow systems, computer-supported collaborative work systems, web services.
* Synthesis and control of concurrent systems, (compositional) modelling and design, (modular) synthesis and analysis, distributed simulation and implementation, (distributed) controller synthesis, adaptive systems, supervisory control.
Programme Committee Co-Chairs
Stephen Edwards (Columbia University, USA)
Walter Vogler (Augsburg University, Germany)
Robert Lorenz (Augsburg Unversity, Germany)
Alex Yakovlev (University of Newcastle upon Tyne, UK), Chair
Benoit Caillaud (IRISA, France)
Jordi Cortadella (Universitat Politecnica de Catalunya, Spain)
Jg Desel (Katholische Universit Eichstt-Ingolstadt, Germany)
Alex Kondratyev (Cadence, USA)
Luciano Lavagno (Politecnico di Torino, Italy)
Antti Valmari (Tampere University of Technology, Finland)
Wil van der Aalst (TU Eindhoven, The Netherlands)
Twan Basten (TU Eindhoven, The Netherlands)
Marius Bozga (VERIMAG, France)