Acorn computers are full of toxic chemicals !!!!!!!

Acorn computers are full of toxic chemicals !!!!!!!

Post by zendo_joys » Thu, 16 Dec 2004 14:20:57


They used a lot of lead, mercury, cadmium, promethium and tellurium to
make these computers.
Using Acorns can cause impotence, cancer, death!

Better buy PCs, they don't have so many toxic metals inside!
 
 
 

Acorn computers are full of toxic chemicals !!!!!!!

Post by Jess » Thu, 16 Dec 2004 16:37:23

In message < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >



/If/ this were true, it would be a concern on disposal rather than on
use. Acorns don't get thrown away very often compared to PCs.


But since they run far hotter they will be putting far more chemicals
into the local environment.

--
Jess msn: XXXX@XXXXX.COM icq: 91353267
mailto: XXXX@XXXXX.COM Hotmail is spamtrap, don't email it
RISC OS - DIYonix
http://www.yqcomputer.com/ http://www.yqcomputer.com/

 
 
 

Acorn computers are full of toxic chemicals !!!!!!!

Post by Dave Barne » Thu, 16 Dec 2004 18:10:30

In message < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >



Having spent many years working in semiconductor development and many
other areas of electronics, I can believe that lead (in solder),
mercury and cadmium (in various components) are used in all computers,
television sets and all consumer equipment. But promethium??,
Tellurium??

I have had 2 different cancers in 18 years whilst using Acorn computers
but I also used much more dangerous equipment, like motor cars, in that
time. I concur with Jess, running cooler is safer in all respects and
disposal is much more hazardous than usage.

I suggest that the troll has much more to worry about in Brazil, if
that is where he is sending from (.br tld).

--
Dave