riday, July 13th 2007,
Today, it is not a day of bad luck because there is the new release of
Studio Son for your Atari Falcon.
Studio Son 2.093b is available in the wonderful french language:
The english version can be found here:
You can, of course, find the classic 68030 and 68030+68882 versions in these
I have performed a lot of hard tests to check the quality of my algorithms.
I have written a lot of different DSP and C programs to obtain correct
results. But, it is still a beta version, so be careful with your samples !
This version has been tested with an original Falcon 030 with a 68882
coprocessor. The CT60 card is not officially supported.
- Better WAV, AIFF and AVR formats implementation.
- Space disk remaining bug fixed.
New features and bugs fixed:
( since 2.09b version )
- Rewritten "Apply Effect" function. Studio Son does not need a temporary
file any more.
- You can now create with "New Sound File..." blank AIFF, WAV, TRK,
SND and AVR files. WAV files created are always 8 bits unsigned and
16 bits signed with little endian format ( Intel ). Either are always big
endian format ( Motorola ).
- You can create you own sample frequency.
- New management of external DSP effects.
- New useful alert boxes added.
- AU/SND files header write error fixed.
- Several loop errors.
- The approximative hi-speed play has been disabled.
- Icons draw bugs.
- Intempestive play.
- DSP effect restore bug after effects changes during a play.
- Reverse stereo with Invert function.
- Block undraw after a Scrub.
- Undo after the "Replace" function.
- Reverse stereo of echo-delay DSP effect.
- Record from cursor.
- Pause with SPACE while recording under Magic.
- Crashs when filtering under Magic fixed.
- For a resample process under Magic, internal file management fixed.
- Significative noise reduction of plopping sounds as long as you use Studio
- Management improved of AIFF files compatible with Cubase Audio. These
files are now saved with a physical size rounded to 1024 bytes multiples.
Useful to prevent crackling noise when you import your AIFF files with
- Buggy "Scrub" function rewritten. No crash occurs.
- Reverse stereo bug for a "Scrub" fixed but still in beta test mode.
- Buggy "Cross Fade" function improved. Autocorrection for wrong parameters.
The UNDO is also correct.
- Cut, Copy, Paste, Insert and others have their UNDO bugs fixed.
- Bug of the current working folder fixed. ( After an Insert for example )
- DSP effect after a Resample and Filtering is now restored with no problem.
- Overall settings saving are now re-enabled ! Up to date, you MUST keep the
- Rewritten "New Sound File" function. You can now create a file with the
fileselector, choose a frequency, ...
- Rewritten "Apply Effect" function. Sample gap subtly fixed. Due to the DSP
real time application of this function, it is obvious that it remains a very
small gap into your final sample. This gap is usually filled by zero values
as it has been thought for this rewritten function. So, it's not recommended
to apply an effect to a block selection.
- Markers management bugs fixed. ( Delete, saving and loading procedur