Hi folks. I wondered if I could get ideas from you.
I just assembled a new desktop PC using an
Intel D865PERL mobo
Intel P4 Prescott 3.2 Ghz CPU
My old ATX case and a new powersupplymemeoryetc...
And this cooling fan
I fired it up for the first time last night and it runs for about 20
seconds and shuts off.
I think it's overheating. I say this because if I go into BIOS /
Hardware Profiles, I can watch the temp rise up to 217F whereupon it
shuts off. 217, every time.
When it cools and I reboot it says onscreen it shutdown per overheat
I took my shopvac, reversed it so it blew from the hose, put the vac
outside so it sucked in cold air and blew the airstream across the
heastsink for the CPU chip and rebooted. It kept it at a cool 174F and
it ran and ran and ran.
I think it's overheating.
Why won't this fan keep this thing cool.
Is there a better fan to use?
Is it the Prescott chip?