anta Barbara, California - (October 28, 2003) - Eiffel Software today announced that future production releases of EiffelStudio and Eiffel ENViSioN! will support Microsoft Visual Studio "Whidbey"
"By following Microsoft's roadmap at Eiffel Software, we re-affirm our commitment to ensure the success of our customers," said Larry Miller, Marketing Director for Eiffel Software. "Software is a crucial element when cutting company cost. EiffelStudio and Eiffel ENViSioN! are ideal tools to realize those savings. Making them available within Microsoft Visual Studio "Whidbey" will bring developers unprecedented productivity.
EiffelStudio is a development framework that seamlessly covers the software lifecycle. It is designed for building fast, robust, scalable applications and reusable components. EiffelStudio is fully compliant and takes full advantage of the Microsoft .NET Framework's multi-language capability. It is a system which enables the production of robust, reusable objects and libraries that interoperate with all other languages and tools for the .NET Framework. EiffelStudio's Design by Contractfeature makes it easy to output bug-free code that developers can safely and reliably use to develop business-critical applications. EiffelStudio's users continuously demonstrate that they can produce 2 to 10 times as much software in the same amount of time as can be achieved with other languages and toolsets.
Eiffel ENViSioN! is an Eiffel-language plug-in for Microsoft Visual Studio .NET, a product that offers Eiffel users access to the full power of the .NET Framework.
Current Eiffel ENViSioN! features include:
* Full compatibility and integration with the Microsoft Visual Studio .NET 2002 and 2003 development environments.
* Support for Windows Forms designer
* Project references management: Project references are handled in an intuitive and simple way. References can be added and removed directly from the Visual Studio .NET Solution Explorer.
* Source code control Management: Fully implements Visual Studio .NET
* Source control management's APIs making it easier to store and retrieve sources from a source code control management system such as Microsoft Visual SourceSafe.
* .NET Framework integration: Allows calling overloaded .NET Framework methods without using mangled names.
* .NET Framework resources support: Supports inclusion of .NET Framework resources within Eiffel assemblies.
* Automation Support: Fully implements DTE so that Eiffel projects can now be managed via Automation.
According to Dr. Bertrand Meyer, Founder and Chief Architect of Eiffel Software, "EiffelStudio and Eiffel ENViSioN! are showcase examples of how the .NET Framework allows full interoperability between different programming languages. Eiffel developers using Eiffel Software's tools can capitalize on both the power of Eiffel and of the .NET Framework. We are looking forward to offering future releases of EiffelStudio and Eiffel ENViSioN! for Visual Studio "Whidbey"".
David Lazar, director of the Developer and Platform Evangelism Division at Microsoft Corp., said, "The availability of EiffelStudio and Eiffel ENViSioN! for Visual Studio 'Whidbey' will be another milestone in the .NET Framework's support for a multilanguage paradigm. Eiffel was one of the very first languages to enjoy a full implementation for the .NET Framework. We are happy that Eiffel developers will benefit from the enhancements of Visual Studio 'Whidbey' throug