CW 8.3 Mach-O ppc/ansi.h problem

CW 8.3 Mach-O ppc/ansi.h problem

Post by ephi » Fri, 23 Jul 2004 17:32:14


I'm trying to convert a CFM app to Mach-O, and I keep having the
following problem:

In my precompiled header file, I include "DebugNew.h", which
eventually includes the file "size_t_mach.h", which tries to include
"ppc/ansi.h", and fails on:
"Error: the file ppc/ansi.h cannot be opened".

I followed all the instructions about setting up the access paths,
including adding "/usr/include" etc.
I also tried many different combinations of the order of the paths.

The weirdest thing is that sometimes it does manage to compile, but
most of the time it doesn't.

Please help,
Thank you.
 
 
 

CW 8.3 Mach-O ppc/ansi.h problem

Post by Sean McBri » Sat, 24 Jul 2004 02:44:28

In article < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >,



I seem to recall that DebugNew does not use framework-style includes and
therefore needed minor changes to work with Mach-O.

 
 
 

CW 8.3 Mach-O ppc/ansi.h problem

Post by ephi » Sat, 24 Jul 2004 15:45:50

Actually this seems like some kind of bug. I found a way to "convince"
it to find the file:
Open the target settings, unmark the Framework-style-includes box,
press "Save" - so that CW will search for the files again, mark the
box again (not necessary, but that's the setting I wanted),
and then all of a sudden it compiles.
If you try to compile a second time, it won't work again, until you
follow the same procedure.
The same thing happened to me with including "Carbon/Carbon.h", it all
of a sudden couldn't find the file, until I followed the above
procedure.
 
 
 

CW 8.3 Mach-O ppc/ansi.h problem

Post by Miro Juris » Sat, 24 Jul 2004 16:04:55

In article < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >,



This happens to me about 3 times a day. Relaunching the IDE fixes it.

meeroh

--
If this message helped you, consider buying an item
from my wish list: < http://www.yqcomputer.com/ ;
 
 
 

CW 8.3 Mach-O ppc/ansi.h problem

Post by ephi » Sun, 25 Jul 2004 00:52:54

Sounds like a bug to me..
It also happens every 5 minutes. relaunching the IDE helped only for
one compilation.
This is annoying enough to give up trying to convert to Mach-O, and
stick to using CFM.