I lacked the morning coffee - and I am lacking a background in
computer science... I am not aware of any test coverage tools for
FORTRAN90, sorry, but $SEARCHENGINE finds:
- Intel's Code Coverage Tool, http://www.yqcomputer.com/
"seamlessly support C, C++ and Fortran languages"
- SUN Studio seems to have the tcov Code Coverage Library
- FCAT: FORTRAN Coverage Analysis Tool
As I have never used any of those, I cannot tell anything about their
quality or features.
To quote from some webpage:
"What Is Test Coverage?
- Finding areas of a program not exercised by a set of test cases
- Creating additional test cases to increase coverage
- Determining a quantitative measure of code coverage, which is an
indirect measure of quality
- Identifying redundant test cases that do not increase coverage"