Yabut it seems that the install *should* update the file, since I didn't
create it and it contains information that's causing problems. Perhaps
the source of the problem is related to the transition from 1.4 to 1.5
and how this file is managed. Anyway, I did some searching and found
that there were similar problems documented in a Sun bug here:
What's disturbing is that the bug says it's closed/fixed. Perhaps the
issues between 1.5.x updates have been fixed, but I still had the
problem with the latest JRE and the outdated info from 1.4.x.
Again, the workaround is to nuke the deployment.properties file.
Help fight spam by "educating" the lax, zombie-hosting ISPs: