SQL Edge 1.2 released by Bay Breeze Software
) is an Eclipse Rich Client application
that allows users to execute SQL queries, browse schema information,
and visualize data relationship.
With SQL Edge users can use only one query to retrieve data in a
master table, and then browse data in all related detail tables. Users
can also insert, edit, and delete table records in the data grids.
SQL Edgehas four perspectives. The Query Perspective allows users
run any SQL queries, while the Schema Perspective displays table schema
information. There are two relationship perspectives. The Relationship
Table View displays data in the master-detail style. The Relationship
Tree View displays master table records as top-level tree nodes. The
nodes can be expanded to reveal any level of related detail records. In
addition, clicking any node will display the corresponding data in a
The following summarizes SQL Edge's major features:
(1) Support any JDBC compatible databases.
(2) Allow users to specify JDBC drivers at run-time, and provide
wizards to help setup JDBC connections. Easy to install, and easy to
(3) SQL editor with syntax highlighting based on currently connected
(4) SQL edtior allows users to execute SQL queries asynchronously.
Users can cancel the execution by click the "Cancel" button or just
close the SQL Editor.
(5) Schema perspective displays the table schema information, including
column definitions, primary key, indexes, and foreign
(6) Relationship table view displays the related data in master-detail
style, with master table data shown in the top grid,
and all related detail table data in a list of bottom grids.
(7) Relationship tree view displays the master table records as
top-level tree nodes, and the related detail records as child
nodes. Click any of these tree nodes will display the corresponding
record data in a detail grid.
(8) Allow users to insert, edit, and delete records in the master and
detail grids of the relationship table view and relationship tree view.
(9) Allow users to define master-detail relationships even between
tables in different databases. This enables the relationship table view
and relationship tree view to display data relationships between tables
in different databases or without pre-defined foreign keys.