OTW: "c.l.t mantra: with a little help from a friend : These are excellent
suggestions all. Thanks for taking the time to further my education. I hope
someday in the future I can repay the favor." - Mike on c.l.t
"I rewrote the Perl/Tk binding, reintroducing Tcl, and it uses *less memory*
and is *faster* *with Tcl* in it." - tclguy
ANNOUNCE: Multi-column listbox package Tablelist 4.6 by Csaba Nemethi
Tablelist is a library package for Tcl/Tk version 8.0 or higher,
written in pure Tcl/Tk code
What is new in Tablelist 4.6?
1. Tablelist_tile now supports tile 0.8 and Tk 8.5a6/8.5b1 (where tile
is integrated in the core). The new commands "tablelist::setTheme",
"tablelist::getCurrentTheme", and "tablelist::getThemes" enable you
to set and get the current theme and to query the available ones,
without having to worry about the incompatibilities between the
various tile versions.
2. New column configuration option "-changesnipside", which allows you
to override the alignment-specific default snip side (thanks to
Georgios Petasis for his proposal).
3. New "columnwidth" subcommand, with the options "-requested",
"-stretched", and "-total" (thanks to Matthew Callaghan, Richard
Finstad, Lieven Forrez, and Tom Roeder for their proposals).
4. Support for the new virtual event <<TablelistColumnResized>>,
generated after resizing a column interactively (thanks to Kurt
Kurczyk for his proposal).
5. Visual improvement: Within an active row, the gap to the left or
right of an embedded image or window no longer appears underlined
(when the "-activestyle" option has its default value "underline").
6. Embedded images and windows are no longer hidden during interactive
cell editing (except the editing with the aid of a Tk or tile
7. Significantly improved the redraw and stretching behavior when
resizing a column interactively.
8. Eliminated some annoying visual effects caused by hidden columns
when displaying the items of an already visible tablelist widget
(thanks to Rolf Ade for discussions on this topic).
9. Adapted the implementation of vertical scrolling to the text widget
changes made in Tk 8.5 (thanks to Julian M Noble for his posting on
the Wiki related to this subject).
10. Fixed a bug related to hidden rows, introduced in Tablelist version
4.3 (thanks to Matthew Callaghan for his bug report).
11. Eliminated the possible endless loop caused by some option database
settings in the "seecell" subcommand (thanks to Erik Allaert and
Mauro Comin for reporting this bug).
12. Added a detailed performance-related hint to the description of the
"-listvariable" configuration option.
13. Numerous further improvements and minor bug fixes.
ANNOUNCE: Multi-entry widget package 3.1 by Csaba Nemethi
Mentry is a library package for Tcl/Tk version 8.0 or higher, written
in pure Tcl/Tk code
What is new in Mentry 3.1?
1. Mentry_tile now supports tile 0.8 and Tk 8.5a6/8.5b1 (where tile is
integrated in the core). The new commands "mentry::setTheme",