Seen a lot of postings about this, but no real solution.
Environment: Windows Server 2003 SP1 member server/Outlook 2003 SP1
(and I believe Outlook 2003 RTM)
When starting Outlook the following message appears and Outlook exits:
"Cannot start Microsoft Office Outlook. Unable to open the Outlook
window. The set of folders could not be opened. The connection to the
Microsoft Exchange Server is unavailable. Outlook must be online or
connected to complete this action."
1) Remove Windows Server 2003 SP1
2) Encrypt Data Between Microsoft Exchange in Outlook Profile
- Control Panel | Mail | E-mail Accounts
- Select your exchange account
- Change | More settings | Security (tab)
- Check 'Encrypt data between ...' check box
All credit to:
Hoping to get a response from Microsoft next week. Will let you know.